I am Melody Spier, certified administrative assistant, business manager and owner of Essential Office Support. I currently reside in rural Tennessee where I enjoy all the benefits of working from home. Owning a home-based business has allowed me to care for my family, while at the same time, pursue a profitable and rewarding career.
My core knowledge comes from working in office settings, online and off, for 15 years. My strive for excellence pushes me to keep up with the newest business tools and marketing techniques by participating in online classes and training courses. My continual learning ensures that I have the knowledge and skills to help my clients reach their goals.
Who I work with:
Since 2002, I’ve been working with established business owners, many earning 6-figures or more a year. These successful clients have clear goals in mind, a plan of how to get there and a readiness to hire someone to oversee every step of the way. Some of my clients include Marketing Experts, Authors, Product Sellers, Affiliate Marketers, Publishers, Personal Coaches, Business Consultants, Ghostwriters, Physicians and more.
What I do:
I allow business owners to be just that, the OWNER. All too often entrepreneurs and small business owners try to do everything or they may outsource some items but they still have to manage every detail of having the work completed, leaving little or no time to do what they do best. I take all of the day-to-day tasks off their plate so they can focus on relationship building, profitable tasks that only they can do.
Some of the many tasks I help clients with include assigning work and managing other contractors, overseeing projects and product creation, keeping websites up-to-date, ensuring customers are happy and affiliates are active, brainstorming, marketing and much more.
The other stuff:
- I’m here for you. My job as your OBM isn’t to ‘take over’ it is to support you. While, I will be happy to be your spring board, I cannot and will not make business changing decisions for you (you’d be surprised at how many people say “just tell me what I should do”).
- I outsource. When necessary, I contract with virtual assistants and others to bring a variety of specialized skills to the table. These are people I’ve worked with personally and whom I trust with my own projects.
- I have an educator’s mindset. I worked in education and have mentored others in becoming successful Virtual Assistants so I can create operating procedures, instructional material and have the skills necessary to teach others.
- I love simplicity and casual, yet professional business. Complex systems and starch business attitudes are not my style. Streamlined, clutter-free processes allow us to dig right in to the work and make the most of our time. A friendly, yet professional business stance promotes happy, repeat customers and great referrals.
- I am results-oriented and like to continually see progress. If you start to drag your feet, I’ll be right behind you giving you friendly but firm nudges to keep you moving forward.
- I tend to be picky. I know what I like and who I like to work with. If you’re the type of person who does a bare minimum job just to get it done, we probably aren’t meant to work together. I mean, honestly, if you have to do something, you might as well do the best job you can because it doesn’t take any more effort than doing a half-baked job.
If you think we’re a good match, contact me to discuss your business management options.